#neuter #healthcare #dogtips #dogvlog #shihtzuchannel
Neutering is the removal of the testicles in male dogs/cats. The surgery is performed while the animal is under anesthesia. It can be done from around five to six months old although the exact age may vary depending on the breed, so consult with your vet but there is no upper age limit. Potch had a complete blood test and comprehensive diagnostic before ruling out surgery. A 10-12 hours fasting is required before scheduled surgery.
POST OPERATIVE CARE:
* Keep your dog in a confined area for a day.
* Restrict your pet’s activity for 7 to 14 days after surgery. ( Discourage running, jumping and rough play)
* Do not wash or clean the incision.
* Keep the incision dry for at least 10 days after surgery.
* Check your pet’s incision daily until it has healed.
* If you have questions or concerns regarding the general health of your pet, please contact your veterinarian.
BENEFITS OF NEUTER
🐶 REDUCE SPRAYING & MARKING
🐶 POSITIVE EFFECT ON BEHAVIOR, HEALTH & LIFE SPAN
🐶 LOWER RISK OF CANCERS
🐶 PREVENTS UNWANTED LITTERS